When dealing with a bed bug infestation in the busiest city in the world, things can be stressful. The city doesn’t sleep and neither do the bugs. There are literally thousands of exterminators in this city, so you must be very careful of whom you hire. There are many main factors to consider when hiring an exterminator in this big city. Luckily for you we are here to simplify things a bit. In todays blog post we will give you a few tips to help you when finding a bed bug exterminator in NYC.
- Reputation is very important when you are in need for a bed bug exterminator. Because there are so many pest control companies in New York City you will run into all types of nuts ( to put it lightly ). Just search around and check out reputation. Luckily in this day and age we are blessed to have such sites as Yelp and Google reviews to learn about other peoples sour experiences.
- Method of extermination is another important question to ask. For chemical sensitive customers, find out which companies offer chemical alternatives such as heat, steam, or other methods. Sometimes chemical treatments are best because they leave a residue behind. Whatever you feel comfortable with, go with!
- Price is very important. Although you get what you pay for you still have to be within your budget. You dont want to be in debt, or not be able to put food on your table because of a bed bug infestation. Again you get what you pay for but every company offers different treatments and different prices. There are plenty of lower cost options out there so dont think you have to pay for the biggest and best company. Your paying for results, not a brand name.
- Experience is something you should be asking about. Although new companies are just as good as older ones, experience is everything. When your performing a task, over and over, for years you will learn the do’s and the dont’s. Experience really does separate the men from the boys. If you were looking for a baby sitter for your new born, would you hire a nanny who has been doing it for a few weeks or a few years?
- Check licenses! Many bed bug exterminators will try to fly under the radar. Please note: to apply pesticides in NYS you need to hold a license. Ask for this license to make sure everything is done legally and correctly. Hiring someone who claims to be licensed but is not, could cause you many problems.
- Have a guarantee with any service you order. Be suspicious if the company does not provide some sort of guarantee.