Small business owners are always looking for ways for to better publicize and stand out from their competitors. One of the best ways to get good old fashion publicity is great customer service. The importance of customer service can be over looked, especially in service businesses. Whether the customer was recommended to you, or searched you on google from the second they contact you they should be treated with respect and patience. Some business owners do not understand how important it is to treat every customer like gold. Lets face it we all have bad days and lose our patience, but our paying customers are not stress-balls nor punching bags. Here on todays blog post we will give a few reasons on how treating your customers like family, can pay off.
- Online Reviews. To decipher between rip off artists, great service men, and less then average companies, many customers are taking to sites like yelp.com and google reviews. Leaving a great taste in each customers mouth is nothing but a good reputation. If your having trouble getting online reviews, you can add a phrase like ” If you are happy with our service please review us on ___” on your business cards. You would be very surprised how many reviews you will get within 6 months. After you get a few good reviews you will notice an increase in calls.
- Word of Mouth. Good old fashion word of mouth referrals are one of the best ways many service businesses are able to stay in business. Reputation is everything. Advertising may come, and go. Your great work stands the test of time and if people are happy with your work, you can end up working for your whole town!
- Public Relations. Find out what problems are effecting your town. Spread your knowledge and teach your neighbors how to tackle the problem properly. We can give you an example. We noticed that it is back to school season. We thought it would be a good idea to hold a small seminar informing parents and school officials about bed bug habits and behavoirs. We also taught them how to inspect their homes and rooms for bed bugs. We handed out business cards with our information so if they have any further questions they can contact us. This was a great way to get involved in the community.
- Blog. Many people search the internet for information about problems around their homes. They may want to trouble shoot a problem they are having. If you write a blog, a potential customer may stumble upon your blog. This is a great way to develop a relationship with a future customer when they are most in need of help.
- Social Media. Twitter, Google+, Facebook and others are great ways to brand your company. The sky is the limit with social media. This is a great way to network with other businesses in your area for recommendations. You can also become friends with past customers on your social media sites, and even use them as references for future customers!
The internet is one great way to spread the word about your service business. Service businesses are usually recession proof and can stand the test of time. The key is good publicity and great customer service. Remember the cream always rises to the top! Treat your customers like family and the rest will follow. If you would like to add anything feel free to do so below! If you have any questions you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org