When customers call to hire us for bed bug treatments, they ask many similar questions. Today, for the clients sake, we have complied a few things that we think are important to keep in mind when in the market for bed bug extermination. There is so much information out there on the internet that we want to try to simplify things for you. Remember, you are the customer. Not only are you always right, but you can take your business else where. If you dont like what you see or hear, take your hard earned money to a more reputable company.
- Online Reviews. When looking to hire a company it is a good thing to check out their YELP account. We wouldnt worry so much about there being no reviews. Make sure to pay attention to the negative reviews. If there are too many scathing negative reviews we strongly suggest you think twice about this company. You can also check the better business bureau. Just doing a quick google search using the companies name you should be able to learn about them.
- License. Please make sure they are licensed in the state. Also make sure the servicing technician is licensed in the use of pesticides.
- Inspection. Make sure the company does an inspection prior to treating. Even if it is the day of treatment make sure they are thorough about taking a look around. Be weary of a company that pushes their way in, asks you where you see the problem and then starts to spray. You want to make sure they have a good idea of where the infestation in present.
- Materials. Ask what materials (chemicals) they are using. Make sure these chemicals are labeled for the use of bed bugs. This is very important because if they are illegally applying pesticides this could be very dangerous. If your interested in a Green approach, make sure they use steam and freezing approaches as well.
- Thorough Explanation. There are things that the chosen extermination company may ask you to do to prepare. Make sure you follow those directions closely as it can lead to a better treatment for you. Also make sure the company representative sits with you and thoroughly explains everything. If not, hire someone else.
- Patience. Patience in pest control is worth millions. It is a very high stress business and many pest control techs could be very impatient. If anyone is impatient with you from the inital call to the treatment date, take your money else where. You want someone who has good customer service. A good respectable company will be able to answer any questions you have.
Bed bug extermination could be a stressful process. The best company to use is one that makes it as painless as possible. If you allowing someone in your home, around your family and valuables you want to be able to trust them. Always go with someone you truly feel good about. We cannot stress enough that you want this to be a pleasurable experience under the circumstances. If you have any questions please feel free to contact us or give us a call. No matter if your in Brooklyn, or California we will always be here to help! Please comment below if you have anything to add to our list!